Tuesday 22 October 2013

An idea for a song

Western Dity

As the title suggests I have had an idea for a song. The inspiration of which was drawn from various sources. I wanted to write a genuine blues song that told the story of man obviously down on his luck. Played in the same vein as Robert Johnson. Then the story developed influenced by a popular video game that friends had been saying over and over I should play. Red Dead Redemption. As per usual I missed the trend when it was first released, so once I had started playing everyone else had stopped. I was blown away by the soundtrack and soundscape of the game more so then the visuals and the sounds inspired my mind and I soon stopped playing and started to create. I asked my self what would you do if you were hunted by wolves? How would you survive? Would you survive? Why did you end up there? How can I recreate the openness and loneliness of the desert? and so my ideas for a new story began. As of now I will only let you in on the possible names for the song. Desert wind, Painted Red or Crescent Moon.

yours TF&TQ

No comments:

Post a Comment